Ocean Health: climate variability and ecosystem approaches
- Restore Atlantic Ocean ecosystems structures and functions
- Understand marine ecosystem health and resilience to multiple stressors
- Promote Maritime Spatial Planning
All united by the Atlantic in a powerful movement: science and ocean literacy with no geographical, cultural, social, age or language boundaries.
From local to global: building a generation of citizens and professionals that understand the ocean in their live, daily actions and decision making.
The Blue School approach will increase awareness on the ocean inspiring students, educators and citizens to emotionally bond with the sea and to translate their knowledge into effective attitudinal changes. It will promote critical thinking and initiative considering a holistic view of the ocean. We will promote citizenship and cultural exchange among Atlantic countries, strengthening the identity of the citizens and the exchange of knowledge among different socio-cultural-economic realities.
• Engagement of at least 15 countries in the Atlantic;
• Implementation of online courses (webinars and workshops) to empower All-Atlantic Blue School Teachers, available in the different Belém Statement languages (Portuguese, Spanish, English, French);
• Dissemination of the main results for the society. Available in the different Belém Statement languages (Portuguese, Spanish, English, French);
• Promote exchanges among researchers, teachers and students on ocean topics